0800 298 9690

Callback Request

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Personal Injury

Q: Can I make a compensation claim if I have suffered an accident in the work place, on the road, or anywhere in public?

Yes. You can make an accident claim as long as it’s the fault of another party. You could be entitled to compensation for you injuries, but your accident could also have resulted in a loss of earnings, which we can also seek to recover for you. When you call Hattons we’ll talk you through the process and what can be expected to that any anxiety and worry is taken away.

Q: Is there a time limit to consider when making a claim?

Yes. Many people are unaware that there is a limited time after an injury when you can legally make a claim, despite them having valid personal injury claims. In most cases you have up to 3 years to make a claim following an accident or following the diagnosis of a work-related health problem. Also if you were under 18 years of age when you had your accident, then you have 3 years from your 18th birthday to start your claim. At Hattons we recommend that if you are injured and it wasn’t your fault then you should start your claims as soon as possible to avoid legal deadlines.

Q: Besides dealing with my injury compensation claim, what other services can Hattons provide?

Hattons can also help you to recover any costs to repair damage to your car, as well as providing you with a hire car and ensuring your insurance premiums are not affected. We’ll also look to get any costs covered for other belongings that were damaged. You are also entitled to claim if you lost money as a result of taking time off following your accident. We want to make sure that as Hattons client you are treated as an individual and get the best service possible. We can also recover the cost of rehabilitation following your accident, such as physiotherapy sessions or any medications needed to take to help you recover from your injuries.

Q: Can I be dismissed from my job for making an accident at work claim?

Many people are concerned when they make a claim for compensation against their employer that they may lose their job. However, provided you have been working in your job for 1 year, then you cannot be dismissed simply for making a claim.

Q: How long will my case take, I want to know when I will get my money?

Every case we deal with is individual and dealt with on its own terms, so we cannot give a particular length of time for making a claim. In cases where the responsible party has admitted liability, then we will be able to offer more accurate advice on when your claim is likely to be settled. We value our clients and make sure that we keep them well informed and up to date on the development of their case. We even have an online case tracking facility.

If you need advice on making a claim call Hattons on 0800 298 9698 or fill in the claim now form to the right of this screen

Important Advice

Make sure you don’t accept immediate offers from your insurers before contacting Hattons. This is because early settlement often ends up with you receiving much less than you would if a solicitor had dealt with your claim. You may end up with longer term injuries that need medical attention and affect your work and lifestyle so getting the appropriate compensation becomes even more important.


We are proud to be accredited by

Resolution Logo Personal Injury Logo Resolution Specialist Logo Lexcel Logo Legal Aid