0800 298 9690

Callback Request

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Holiday Injury FAQ

Q. Will I be able to make a compensation claim for a holiday accident or illness and if so, who will I claim against?

You will be able to pursue a claim against your tour operator provided the trip was booked as a package holiday. The tour operator is obliged to adhere to the Package Travel Regulations which set out a travel company’s responsibilities to their customers and what the customer can do when they are unhappy with their holiday. If you book any two of the following from the same company then it is classed as a package holiday:

Q. What steps should I take if I have a holiday accident or suffer from a holiday illness?

If you have a holiday accident or illness whilst abroad you should do the following:

Q. How long will I have to pursue my holiday accident or holiday illness claim?

The time limit which applies to personal injury claims is normally three years for adults and those under 18 years of age have until their 21st birthday within which to bring a claim. Different time limits may apply where you have been involved in a holiday accident or have suffered an illness on holiday on a ship, boat or aeroplane. It is therefore advisable to contact us as soon as possible so that we can let you know the time limit which applies to your claim. However we always advise to act as soon as possible whilst everything is still fresh in your mind.

Q. How much compensation will I receive for my holiday accident?

It will vary depending on:

If you have had a holiday accident or illness and would like to claim compensation then please contact our expert solicitors on 0800 298 9690 or fill in the Claim Now form to the right of this screen.


We are proud to be accredited by

Resolution Logo Personal Injury Logo Resolution Specialist Logo Lexcel Logo Legal Aid