01744 744400

Housing Disrepair Claims

Housing Disrepair Claims Lawyers in St Helens

Lots of tenants have issues with rising damp, mould, leaks, dangerous wiring and vermin infestations which their landlord, whether it be social housing, council housing or privately rented, should have fixed. If this sounds familiar; you need someone on your side to help.

The tenancy agreement you have signed should provide the protection that your landlord will keep the property in a good state of repair. Unfortunately, landlords don’t always fulfil their obligations and so, if this happens, tenants can claim for breach of the contract. A landlord’s obligation usually only extends as far as the structure, exterior and supply of utilities to the property. For example, a basis for a disrepair claim could be for damage caused by a water leak but not by condensation.

At Hattons, we have handled numerous cases of tenants who have told their landlord of a problem but are still waiting for repairs to be carried out.

We are securing compensation for people who have had to live with disrepair and obtaining court orders to get those works carried out. Living with damp or mould can seriously affect your health and you may also be entitled to compensation for injury or illness as well as for the inconvenience of living with disrepair.

If the issues raised above have affected you, please contact us with details and photographs of the disrepair, together with evidence of when you reported the matter to your landlord.

If you would like to find out more about Housing Disrepair Claims call our expert legal team on 01744 744400, fill out our contact form below or contact our key person:

Contact us about Housing Disrepair Claims

Sian Lovage
Senior Litigation Executive

Tel: 01744 418762

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Hattons Legal Services Limited registered in England and Wales Reg. No. 09771400
VAT registration number 703425861.
Authorised and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. SRA No 628665.