Insurance Broker Negligence Lawyers in St Helens
The majority of insurance policies are entered into using the services of a third party insurance broker in the hope that they will search the market and find the most suitable deal.
Unfortunately, although great trust is placed upon the insurance broker to provide the best deal, some clients fall victim to insurance broker negligence.
Insurance brokers not only arrange insurance policies but often give advice in connection with them and even sometimes assist their clients with making claims under them. Such insurance brokers usually get paid commission for the introduction of any new business to an insurance company.
If You Were Mis-sold Insurance Then You Have Suffered From Insurance Broker Negligence
Different types of misconduct that could result in insurance broker negligence include:
- Failure to disclose relevant information to the insurer;
- Misrepresentation of the client’s position;
- Failure to give proper advice;
- Failure to act with reasonable speed;
- Failure arrange insurance at all or on the terms requested by the client;
- Failure to ensure the policy is in place in the requisite time;
- Mis-selling of policies or products;
- Failure to disclose a conflict of interest;
- Ignoring the requirements of the client;
- Failure to exercise reasonable discretion.
Insurance Broker Negligence Can Result in Financial Loss
If you believe you have suffered a financial loss as a result of insurance broker negligence then you should seek legal advice to help you consider your next steps with your professional negligence case.
To prove insurance broker negligence it is necessary to show that the insurance broker owed the client a duty of care. In addition it must be shown that they have acted negligently which means that they have failed to exercise a degree of skill and care to be expected of a reasonably competent insurance broker. It must also be proven that you have suffered some financial loss as a result of insurance broker negligence.
If you would like to find out more about Insurance Broker Negligence call our expert legal team on 01744 744400, fill out our contact form below or contact our key person: