01744 744400

Inheritance Act Claims

Inheritance Act Claims Lawyers in St Helens

You may be able to bring a claim under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 if you feel that you have not been left enough in a will, or have been left out completely.

The Inheritance Act specifically assists those who find themselves in a situation where they find themselves unaccounted for in the will of a loved one who has passed away. A successful claim can result in the whole estate of the deceased being redistributed, making allowance for yourself and granting you the inheritance that you deserve.

You can bring a claim under the Act if you are:

  • a spouse or civil partner
  • a former spouse or civil partner and have not remarried
  • children and other people treated by the deceased person as children
  • someone who has cohabited with the deceased person for two or more years immediately prior to their passing away
  • those who are financially dependent or being financially maintained by the person who has died

Our probate team have long-standing experience of dealing with these difficult claims. We can assist you in bringing a claim if you feel that you have been unfairly or inaccurately omitted or under-accounted for in a will.

If you would like to find out more about Inheritance Act Claims call our expert legal team on 01744 744400 or fill out our contact form below:

Contact us about Inheritance Act Claims

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Hattons Legal Services Limited registered in England and Wales Reg. No. 09771400
VAT registration number 703425861.
Authorised and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. SRA No 628665.

A list of the directors is available for inspection at the above office, together with details of their professional qualifications.
This firm is not authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority. However, we are included on the register maintained by the Financial Conduct Authority so that we can carry on insurance distribution activity, which is broadly the advising on, selling and administration of insurance contracts. This part of our business, including arrangements for complaints or redress if something goes wrong, is regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. The register can be accessed via the Financial Conduct Authority website at register.fca.org.uk/s/