01744 744400

Accidents in Public Places

Accidents in Public Places Lawyer in St Helens.

Hattons Solicitors are experts in claims for slips, trips and falls.

Local Authorities Are can be Responsible for Pavement Accident.

If you have suffered an injury because of a trip or fall on a defective road or pavement you may be entitled to claim compensation against the Local Authority.

Examples of defects are a pothole or, raised slabs. However you may have also had a pavement accident as a result of tripping over tree roots, or broken road signs.

Hattons Will Answer Pavement Accident Claims FAQs

Hattons are experienced in dealing with accident claims against the local authority and regularly help those who have tripped or slipped and injured themselves. Whatever the type of pavement accident please get in touch so we can discuss your options and answer any questions or concerns you may have.

The Raised Defect that Caused the Pavement Accident Should be More Than an Inch

If you have been involved in an accident due to a raised slab, cobble or tarmac then it must be more than an inch in order for you to make a successful compensation claim. The Local Authority has a duty of care to the public to ensure that all public pathways are inspected and maintained making them safe for the public to use.

Try and get a measurement of how deep or raised the defect is and take a photo of the measurement. It must be at least an inch deep to give rise to your compensation claim.

Collect Evidence for a Pavement Accident Claim

Try and get a photograph of the defect as soon as possible. It is a good idea to put a ruler next to the defect so that the size is demonstrated. The photographs must include the defect and its surrounding area so that the defendants are able to pin point where the defect is to enable them to investigate.

It is also a good idea to record contact details of any witnesses at the scene of the accident as this may be used to help you make a compensation claim. You should also report the accident to the Local Authority so that they have a record of the pavement accident but only after the photographs have been taken.

However, if you don’t have any evidence such as photographs or witnesses, please still get in touch so we can discuss your pavement accident and help you decide how you would like to proceed.

If you would like to find out more about Accidents in Public Places call our expert legal team on 01744 744400, fill out our contact form below or contact our key person:

Contact us about Accidents in Public Places

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Hattons Legal Services Limited registered in England and Wales Reg. No. 09771400
VAT registration number 703425861.
Authorised and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. SRA No 628665.