Divorce Lawyers in St Helens
The breakdown of a marriage can be an emotional and confusing time. Many people feel anxiety about starting divorce proceedings, which is why it is important to choose the right divorce solicitor.
At Hattons Solicitors our experience has shown that there are a number of issues that could complicate a divorce. One of the issues can be if there are substantial assets involved, such as businesses, investment property, trusts, shares or pensions. Alternatively access to children can be a point of emotional strain.
What are the Grounds for Divorce?
If you have been married for at least one year and think that your marriage has come to an end, you can issue divorce proceedings.
In England and Wales you need to prove that your marriage is irretrievably broken down in order to get a divorce.
The following five points are grounds for divorce:
- Adultery – if your spouse has committed adultery and you find it inbearable to live with them
- Unreasonable Behaviour – if your spouse has behaved in a way that means you cannot be reasonably expected to live with them
- Lived Apart for Two Years – if you have both lived apart for two years and you both agree to a divorce
- Deserted – if your husband or wife has abandoned you for a period of two years or more
- Lived Apart for Five Years – if you have lived apart for five years or more a divorce can be secured whether or not your husband or wife agrees to a divorce
A divorce can make for a very stressful time for everyone involved but it is often necessary to enable both parties to have a happier future. However if there is a chance of mediation to resolve matters, and we can arrange for you to have access to this service.
Our divorce solicitor and accredited panel specialist, Deb Choudhuri, is a member of Resolution and other societies, meaning he is committed to the constructive resolution of family disputes.
Hattons Advise You On Your Divorce Options
At Hattons Solicitors we pride ourselves on our expertise and experience. We can advise you of your best options with regards to divorce and answer any concerns or questions that you have before deciding to proceed.
We work closely with our clients to keep them informed about their cases and our clients can also access our online file view system to find out where their case is up to at their own convenience.
We cover all aspects of family law and offer very competitive rates and payment plans to ease the financial pressure. Costs can be discussed at the initial appointment.
If you would like to find out more about Divorce call our expert legal team on 01744 744400, fill out our contact form below or contact our key person: