01744 744400

Recovery of Rent and Service Charge Arrears

Recovery of Rent and Service Charge Arrears Lawyers in St Helens

If you are struggling to recover the money that you are entitled to from your tenant, including rent and service charge, Hattons can help. The tenant’s failure to pay is a clear breach of the agreement entered into.

If rent is owed by the tenant to the landlord, we can assist you in bringing damages in court for rent arrears.

If you are looking to recover arrears for service charges, much will depend on the contents of the licence/lease, and there are various ways of seeking to obtain this type of debt. As a landlord, it is possible to apply to the County Court for a money judgment, and enforcement methods can additionally be used. Alternatively, forfeiture of the lease can be sought. This would require the serving of a Section 146 notice, requiring the tenant to repay the services charges within a set timeframe.

We can offer advice on the best way to go about claiming the arrears owed to you by a tenant, at minimum cost in time and effort for you.

If you would like to find out more about Recovery of Rent and Service Charge Arrears call our expert legal team on 01744 744400, fill out our contact form below or contact our key person:

Contact us about Recovery of Rent and Service Charge Arrears

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Hattons Legal Services Limited registered in England and Wales Reg. No. 09771400
VAT registration number 703425861.
Authorised and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. SRA No 628665.